Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Quick Oscar Picks...

Almost forgot to post this... only 45 minutes until air time... so here goes... this is the list of those I think will win... those in () are sentimental faves...

Best Picture : Brokeback Mountain (Good Night, and Good Luck)

Best Director: Ang Lee

Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Joaquin Phoenix)

Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon

Best Supporting Actor: Paul Giamatti

Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams

Original Screenplay: Crash

Adapted Screenplay: Brokeback Mountain

Best Anim. Feature: Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of...

Best Foreign-Lang. Film: Paradise Now

Art Direction: Memoirs of A Geisha

Cinematography: Memoirs of A Geisha

Costume Design: Memoirs of A Geisha

Documentary Feature: March of the Penguins

Film Editing: The Constant Gardener

Makeup: The Chronicles of Narnia...

Original Score: Memoirs of A Geisha

Original Song: Travelin' Thru' (Dolly Parton)

Sound Editing: War of the Worlds

Sound Mixing: Walk the Line

Visual Effects: King Kong

We'll see how I did! :o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I guessed a few correctly but didn't see any of the best picture nominees...

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Well, exactly 50% of my picks were correct... that's not too bad. I saw far fewer movies this year than I had hoped. I see most things on DVD these days. :o)

3:57 PM  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

50% only counts in condoms and surface to air missiles!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Eloquently put! :o)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home