Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hiding Under the Covers...


Today was one of those days where after kissing the hubby goodbye... all hell broke loose. The phone was ringing off the hook, my nerves were fried, and I had a quick cry trigger going on. I just started weeping and wishing I had never gotten out of bed.

I think my stress level began with yesterday's adventures. We took a day off to focus on replacing our one car which was about to go over 100,000 miles. Hubby has a long commute. We've only had the car since 2003. Went to dealership #1 and they couldn't make us a deal we could live with- we were there for 3 hours. Went to dealership #2... they were able to deliver... after 6 hours... Needless to say, it was a long and stressful day. I think that experience is what fried my nerves and it so happened to carry over to today.

So... when I get in these helpless moods I feel like eating. Luckily, thankfully, wonderfully, my dietician called me just as I was about to gorge myself. I took a few deep breaths and cuddled with my dog. I felt infinitely better and was able to continue my day. I think it's amazing how simply carefully breathing can bring me out of a funk. Now if I can just get to bed on time tonight, maybe I'll kick this streak! :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger x said...

i know this feeling of not wanting to get out of bed, or wishing you had never got out.
but when it happens, i really don't pick up the phone. I hope you are better now, you are lucky to have a cuddly dog.
xx

7:35 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I hope your day today was better than yesterday.

Sometimes hectic days are good, though. I think they help us appreciate more those quiet, uneventful days.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Apologies for the delayed response... blogger has been acting oddly...

Chloe: Yes, I am very LUCKY to have an adorably cuddly little muffin of a dog.

Green: I agree... without the dark, you cannot appreciate the light...

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home