Sunday, February 12, 2006

Test Stress


I've never been a "good test taker." What exactly does that mean anyway? To me it means that I really get anxious and even things I absolutely know fall out of my ears because I'm so stressed out. Anyhow, I have an exam that I have to take Tuesday and it helps me get closer to my first real estate designation (more professional alphabet soupness following my name). I already have 4 letters after my name because of my masters degree, so the more the merrier. :o)

I'm an "old school" test taker too. I make flash cards. It's a habit that I actually developed later in life (during grad school). I have a form of dyslexia which makes it difficult for my eyes to focus on some text formats (columns, text on facing pages - I use guide pages sometimes). Anyhow, it helps to isolate the information on separate cards. I have a photographic memory with many things - I am convinced this is tied into the dyslexia somehow. In any case, I hope this exam goes well... I'll have two others after this (later this year) that go towards this designation. So... that's what's on my mind right now. Hope I'll have more exciting news later! xoxo S

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Good luck with your test tomorrow!!!!




I hate test taking of any kind...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Helena said...

I am sure you will do/did fine.

I have been blog lurking, just not commenting as much. I am, afraid, not a fan of lists of questions. They are so much more useful to the person taking them than to anyone who might read them.

Life hurtles along.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Genna said...

I hope the news is good! Miss you. Sorry I have been away from bloggerworld. Hope you are doing well.

--Hugs--

6:19 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Green: Thanks!

Helena: Hello lurker. I actually like lists written by others, but I can see why one might not. Hurtle away, brave Helena...

Genna: Glad you're back! Doing well... Big warm hug to you too! Brrrr... it's cold here...

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home