Friday, February 17, 2006

The Waiting Game... And Office Supply Lust

Well, I took the test and will get my results in the next couple of weeks I guess. They really didn't say... I was hoping for instant results! I appreciate all the words of encouragement.

Work has been pretty busy so the mind is occupied pretty much all the time. I am working on lots of organizational projects right now. There are few things that capture my attention more than getting paperwork whipped into shape. There is a TON of paper generated in real estate. I just spent a looong time in Office Depot just gazing at all kinds of options - folders, binders, files, partitions with fasteners, pockets, etc. etc. I know that for some people Office Depot is a scary place, much like Home Depot is to me! I get all happy even if I just buy a new set of pens. Office supplies are a drug to me. It's a good thing I am an independent contractor now because I can get exactly what I want and then I can write it off. Hooray! I do have to watch myself, however. I can get a little carried away. Yes, I was one of those kids who looked forward to a new school year because it meant all new stuff - Trapper Keeper, highlighters, spiffy pens & pencils, protractor, compass, notebook paper, and many more absolutely essential items. I think my parents were blessed to be in smaller towns at that time (not an Office Depot in sight!) - so there were Five & Dimes like Ben Franklin and Woolworth's... couldn't do nearly as much damage there. :o)

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's below 40 here now and it's supposed to rain tonight... so we may have ice in San Antonio in February... that is very, very unusual for here. I used to live in Ohio, so I still am not used to 40 being such a big deal, but it is here! I'm glad to see some actual winter weather! I like a good chill now and again... I just wish I could live somewhere with four defined seasons - with each not being too extreme! Wishful thinking I'm afraid...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

What a blast from the past!!! I loved those Trapper Keepers!! I had one for probably six years running at one point.

Glad to hear you're staying busy. Good thing for you though that there isn't a drug test for office supplies.... you'd fail miserably, me thinks!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Genna said...

I LOOOOVE buying office supplies. :0) Make sure you let us know when you get your test results back.

YAY SARAFINA!! :0)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Genna said...

Miss you!! Hope you are doing well!!

*Chanting* (Update, update!)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Green: glad to know someone else feels the same way about those good old Trapper Keepers...

Genna: Still no results! National Test results take F O R E V E R ! ! !

I'm trying to be patient though... update coming! Promise!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home