Saturday, July 08, 2006

Personal DNA...

Because my husband is a psychometrician (essentially a psychologist in the area of testing/statistics) I have lots of personality testing sources all around. I keep them sometimes just to remind me of things that I often forget about myself and sometimes they help me work through problems I'm having. One thing that is pretty consistent through all of them - no matter my age - is that I have a tendency to have some severe self-doubt. It never says I have low self-esteem. Don't these things go hand in hand?? I know as a teenager I had the low self-esteem thing... but most of my friends did. Now I am going through more of a teenage phase of low self-esteem where I feel like my appearance isn't quite what I'd like it to be. The next day, however, I tell myself... "get over it! Remember your 10 year high school reunion? You looked waaaay better than most everyone there." It's funny how much a change in career can bring back those feelings of inadequacy... I was a librarian... not a high fashion career... now I'm a realtor in Texas... now that's a HUGE wardrobe change... let me tell you... I am praying for the weather to cool off so I can cover up again... If you wear anything with sleeves in this weather you will bake for sure. Anyhow, enough rambling... You can see what the results were from my most recent personality test. I tag all that wish to be tagged to get your own "Personal DNA" (whatever that means)... ENJOY!! xoS

What Is Your Personal DNA??? YOU ARE A GENEROUS CURATOR


You are a Curator

  • You are straightforward and real, down-to-earth, and have a healthy respect for order and stability. These attributes, complemented by your desire to be surrounded by things of beauty, make you a CURATOR.

  • You don't feel the need to try everything new that comes along – you know what you like and what you want.

  • You are a no-nonsense person, not someone who falls for pretensions.

  • Being strongly grounded in the here-and-now, you are practical and realistic about yourself and your life.

  • You find comfort and calmness in your habits and routines.

  • Although others might not know this about you, you strongly appreciate aesthetic qualities, noticing whether something is well-designed and stylish.

  • You have a refined sense of taste, and you want your environments to reflect your preferred style.

  • There are times when you feel insecure and vulnerable, even though you know deep down that you are a good person.

  • You aren't narcissistic – you allow yourself to be realistic about your positive and negative qualities.

  • If you want to be different:


  • It wouldn't hurt to indulge your imagination and creativity sometimes. These are skills like any other, and develop with practice, so try to carve out some time for them in your life.

  • Try to quiet your inner feelings of doubt – you will be more successful if you can overcome these worries and focus on your many strengths, such as your responsible and honest nature.

  • You are Generous


  • Your awareness of those around you, along with your nuanced perceptions of the world at large, makes you the GENEROUS person that you are.

  • You value time to yourself and understand how rich your private world can be—you know that you don't have to go wild to have a good time.

  • You are excited and energized by ideas and often enjoy things more through observation than through experience.

  • This tendency gives you an appreciation for different perspectives and opinions about the world.

  • Being as aware of others as you are doesn't mean you find it easy to trust them immediately—this is something that happens more slowly for you.

  • Despite this, you are aware of the complexities of many situations and are reluctant to pass judgments on others.

  • Although you have fewer friendships than some people, those that you have are meaningful and are important to you.

  • You value spending time alone—it is while reflecting on the world around you that you often learn something new about yourself or begin to understand something that's been bothering you.

  • If you want to be different:


  • Given how attuned you are to others' thoughts and feelings, you might find that trusting people more is a way to broaden your perspective even further.

  • While you know how much can be learned from observing the world around you, remember that much of life can be lived by experiencing it, not just by understanding it.

  • 8 Comments:

    Blogger x said...

    you are a great person to know, and now it is scientifically proven.

    5:19 PM  
    Blogger Ruth said...

    Chloe:
    As are you, my dear, as are you! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! xoS

    5:36 PM  
    Blogger Ruth said...

    Maddy: So happy to hear from you. Hope you try it... do tell how it turns out if you dare... xoS

    5:46 PM  
    Blogger gina said...

    yep, knew i liked you and didnt need all that data to prove it. that was cool though!!

    7:23 PM  
    Blogger Ruth said...

    Gina: Back atcha... xoS

    2:25 PM  
    Blogger Susannah Conway said...

    Hey Sarafina, thanks for stopping by my blog - good to find you! apparently i'm a considerate creator... and i love that you like Bath :-) x

    2:55 PM  
    Blogger Ruth said...

    Susannah:
    YES! I do love Bath... very much. I lived in London for a year ('94-'95) and fell in love, but even more so with my day trips to Bath. I felt at home there, like I was meant to live there forever. My dream is to someday retire there ... it's a loooong way off, but at that point I will whittle down my belongings and be able to fit back into a 10x10 flat! :o) xoS

    8:03 PM  
    Blogger sophie said...

    i re-invented myself due to
    broken heart.

    8:54 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home