Friday, June 02, 2006

For A Friend...

When I watch you
sitting, fidgeting
like a sociopathic maniac,
staring blankly and intently drawn
into one dimension of your complex mind
or
when I watch you at your vandalized desk
chomping and biting on your innocent pen
and out of reality in this world
I say
when I watch you
you nervous wreck of an animal
when you used to be happy and fun-loving
Wanting to play on the grand swings
or running about in the star-studded night
while trying to find a hiding place in the bushes
I realize
I understand.
xoS

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt like you were writing this for me... were you?? Oh Sara... I wish we could write together again.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Wriju said...

That sociopathic maniac is as much a part of a person as his playful boyish side ...
One isn't complete without either :-)

5:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it... xx

3:11 PM  
Blogger x said...

i love this poem.
however, is everything okay Sarafina?

4:58 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Anon: We ARE writing together, silly.

W: Isn't it, though? You hit the nail on the head.

M: Thanks!

C: Everything is fine. I just needed to make sure a friend knew I could see his inner turmoil dispite our distance.

Maddy: Delirious, indeed. All of my pens are quite guilty - often wayward and missing.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home