Saturday, April 22, 2006

Life's Simplest Pleasures

Sarafina's 10 of Life's Simplest Pleasures


I was tagged by the gorgeous GENNA to share my top 10 of life's simplest pleasures. I could come up with lots of guilty pleasures, but tried to stay clear of them ... Hoping that you are all having a great weekend. ENJOY!




  1. Feeling a breeze against bare skin. It reminds me of being at the beach as a kid.
  2. Taste/texture combinations on my tongue – cold & creamy, crunchy & salty rank highest for me. Since I have to be so careful about what I eat I savor all things I can, especially since I can’t eat anything that is not homemade or a whole food. I love cashews with dark chocolate & carrot sticks with sour cream and a hint of salt & pepper in it (not all at once, silly!)
  3. Stargazing – blanket on the ground, looking up to a clear quiet sky of twinkling stars, that’s my idea of sheer magic.
  4. Dancing – fast or slow… as long as I’m having fun with it… never took lessons. I was called Boogie Bride at my wedding. Love to dance. I got the bug from my dad who does a mean white man’s overbite (think Harry’s impression in When Harry Met Sally). I am, however, a MUCH better dancer than my dad… just don’t tell him.
  5. Hugs – I am a very huggy person. My husband and I hug ALL the time and my family was a very huggy family… no wonder…
  6. Water – To drink, to swim in… without water, I would be sunk… literally…
  7. Humor – Whether it’s a sad or happy occasion I am usually the first to see the humor in it. I am hugely sarcastic and grew up with Monty Python and SNL (the good years, Gilda Radner (my hero)/John Belushi/Dan Ackroyd/Bill Murray)… in any case humor makes life much more livable.
  8. Waking up near my loved ones – Before I got married I was asked by a family member if I could imagine waking up to my fiancés face everyday for the rest of my life. My reaction was a good one. I hate hearing him snore but love waking up next to him. Also, every morning when I get up I make sure to say hello to my other in-house loved one – my dog. I get down on the ground – no joke - and put my chin on my hands, once she opens her eyes, I say good morning. She usually rolls over for a belly rub right away. One of the best ways of waking up I know…
  9. Feeding ducks at the park – one of my favorites pastimes as a kid. When my husband and I go on vacation we always try to find the local park and feed the ducks. I don’t do it so much in Texas since parks with ponds/lakes are few and far between…
  10. Play – I love being a kid or just a carefree grownup. I agree with Genna on swings. I also love rollerskating (NOT blading), board games (favorites are Apples to Apples, Trivial Pursuit, & Scrabble), cards, & getting on an abandoned playground and just acting like a total nitwit.

I would like to tag Chloe, Green, Scribe, & Kain. YOU ARE IT!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Greeeeaaaaat. Thanks. ;>) I'll play along, but it may take me a few days to do...

9:32 PM  
Blogger Genna said...

YAY!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Green: No problem! :o) Take all the time you need... We're ALL waiting!! LOL

Genna: Let's give a shout out to swings! Hooooorah!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Sable:

Don't worry he gets his share of belly rubs... :o)

Surely you've heard of Huggies diapers?! JK... Huggy is a word I grew up with and never outgrew... it's embarrassing, but is what it is.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Kain said...

Oooo... Gonna make me think now, are ya? Hehehe. Okay, let's see what I can do. ;)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Kain: Woohoo! Can't wait! ;o)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

mission accomplished!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hooray! I'm on my way to take a gander...

3:52 PM  
Blogger x said...

thanks! i am going to do it asap xx

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home