Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm BAAAAaaaack

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling MUCH better. I appreciate all the virtual greeting cards, phone calls, etc. I had the biggest thrill yesterday when I heard from a friend that Heidi Collins on CNN did a story on Celiac Disease. I was equally as excited when I saw that my hero Gluten-free Girl gave it a plug as well on her blog. I am not quite 100% yet, so I apologize for keeping this short, but... here is a note I sent to all my family and friends and I will share it here with you as well...

Since many of you have asked me about the disease I have, I thought I’d send you this link to a story that ran on CNN yesterday. It’s quite thorough and not very long, so if you’re interested, take a gander. It does a far better job of explaining this crazy disease than I! I hope you’ll forward it on to those who have been diagnosed with Celiac or who may need to visit the doctor to investigate it as a possibility… Finally finding out what was up with my own body nearly two years ago changed my life! I’m hoping that if I send it to enough of my friends it will help someone else.

http://www.celiaccentral.org/Other/CNN_Interview_with_Dr_Green/300/

P.S. – You can also find lots more info. on this site: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/ That’s where I found out about this story. I’ve been reading this site daily for over a year and it’s been a real comfort to me… pass it on to others if you think it will help. Thanks!

I promise to post again as soon as I can... much love and xoxoxoxS

11 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Sarafina,

Thank you for the mention. More, I'm thrilled to my toes that I can be a comfort to you in my website. I'm even more thrilled (past my toes?) that you are feeling better.

keep taking care of yourself.

4:44 PM  
Blogger gina said...

so glad you are better!! i am gonna go check out the links. xox

9:16 PM  
Blogger x said...

i like that blog you linked to. i don't have celiac but i've got friends who have it. glad you are back! xxx

6:16 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Welcome back my friend. I'm glad to read that you are feeling better!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

S: Absolutely! Incidentally, I received all kinds of emails from my friends telling me about how they or their friends are now seeking out your blog.

Gi: Great new picture. I hope you enjoyed glutenfreegirl

CM: I actually did a school project (perhaps 20 years ago) on the Soweto uprising. I have always loved that name. Thanks for sharing and hope you'll come back to visit soon. PS- Cookie Monster rocks!

C: I'm glad to be back too... missed you xoS

Gr: Thanks for the welcome. I am so glad to see your upside down face again... xoS

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Hi Girl!
Glad you're feeling up to blogging again.
I know about this disease, but have never personally known anyone with it.
Sheesh! Takes alot to deal with it, eh?
Keep on hanging in there!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

s: did you have a nice Thanksgiving?? Hope so, sweetie.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Green: Yes! I did. I hope you did as well... I have just been busy with lots of stuff, but hope to post soon. xoS

5:56 AM  
Blogger x said...

have a happy -and healthy- new year my friend. xxx

3:15 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

So quickly back and equally as quickly gone again. Two months without a post...

are you still feeling okee dokee health wise???

Hope so, do I.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Thanks C&G:
I appreciate your thoughts. I will be taking this offline permanently I think, but will keep my profile so I can post in response to others. If I feel up to it in the future I will return! xoS

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home